MISSION: The Downtown Vernon Association (DVA) is a committed community builder that serves as a resource and advocate for its members. By focusing on both the present and future, while collaborating with stakeholders, we create an environment for sustainable economic prosperity.
VISION: The DVA celebrates a culturally and economically diverse and dynamic downtown that is a desirable neighborhood for commerce, living, and leisure.
VALUES: The DVA will
- Promote a positive organizational culture based upon dedication, effectiveness, accountability, and a demonstration of gratitude
- Build Relationships through integrity, transparency, and creativity
- Create connections within the community that focus on the benefit of all
- Embrace a balance between innovation to achieve progressive evolution and respect for our heritage
The DVA is considered, as are all BIA's by International definition, to be an Urban Place Management organization. This definition is consistent with our governing mandates by the Province of BC and the City of Vernon. Our focus areas are:
- Marketing, Communication, and Events
- Planning, Design, and Infrastructure
- Public Space Management and Operations
- Policy and Advocacy
- Economic Development
- Leadership Development
- Organizational Management
The Downtown Vernon Association is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors made up of up to 11 directors who represent our downtown Vernon stakeholders including; business professional services, restaurants, health/wellness, retail, and property owners. Additionally, City of Vernon Council nominates one Trustee to sit on the board as a non-voting member.
To contact a Board member please email email@example.com